
Dare Babalola
Tragedy struck in the Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State as a man, Eze Amadi, allegedly killed a 28-year-old Ifeanyi Otu.
The development was confirmed on Friday by DSP Olayinka Ayanlade, the spokesperson of the Ondo State Police Command, who noted that the suspect is in custody.
Stating that the incident occurred in Kajola Community on Monday, the police image maker said investigation was ongoing to unravel the circumstances surrounding the killing.
He urged residents of the community to remain calm, saying that the law would take its course.
“The suspect is already in our custody, investigation is ongoing, and after the investigation is concluded, he will be charged in court.
“I urge residents to remain calm over the matter,” Ayanlade said.
Residents who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria, said Otu by was killed in his house, adding that the reason for committing the crime was unknown.
The suspect allegedly tortured the 28-year-old victim to death before concealing his body inside a water drum to be disposed of at night.
It was also gathered that some residents of the community apprehended the suspect while attempting to dispose of the corpse, using a motorcycle.
It was gathered that the father of the victim, Mr Michael Otu, and the suspect reside in the same neighbourhood in the community.
One of the residents who pleaded anonymity told NAN that, “Nobody knows what transpired between them.”
The father of the victim said that the killing of his son was devastating.
“I was at home when I received a call that my son’s body, wrapped with foam, had been discovered inside a water drum.
“When I got to the scene, I saw him lying lifeless after the drum was cut open.
“I was told that the suspect was caught while trying to dispose off the body. Justice must be served in this case,” Otu said.