Cubana Chief Priest remains Imo director, says City Boy Movement

Dare Babalola

The City Boy Movement has reaffirmed Pascal Okechukwu, popularly known as Cubana Chief Priest, as its Director in Imo State, putting to rest speculation about his position within the organisation.

This is contained in a statement by the CBM Director-General, Francis Shoga, in Abuja on Tuesday.

Shoga has denied reports of an internal plot to review and alter Cubana Chief Priest’s appointment, dismissing the claims as “misleading and inaccurate”.

He emphasised that “the only officially recognised and duly appointed figure in Imo remains Mr Pascal Okechukwu,” adding that no new appointment had been issued or validated beyond that.

He added that claims of parallel leadership, withdrawn appointments, or internal disputes do not represent the movement’s official stance, calling them inaccurate.

According to him, the CBM operates on clearly defined procedures and due process in all matters relating to appointments and state coordination.

Shoga added that any official decision would always be formally communicated through authorised channels.

“The City Boy Movement remains a structured and disciplined organisation. Any ambiguity arising from recent correspondence is a ploy to discredit the integrity of the group.

“All our members remain united under a common objective of strengthening grassroots mobilisation and advancing the Renewed Hope Agenda ahead of the 2027 general elections.

“Our focus remains unwavering: mobilising support, consolidating grassroots structures and delivering on our mandate in support of President Bola Tinubu’s vision for national development,” he said.

He therefore urged members and the public to disregard unverified reports capable of causing confusion within its structure, while reaffirming its commitment to unity, transparency and organisational discipline across all states.

  • Related Posts

    LASTMA rescues two injured in Gbagada crash, arrests drunk driver
    • February 17, 2026

    Dare…

    Read more

    More...
    How Owo Catholic Church terror attack was planned, executed – DSS witness tells court
    • February 17, 2026

    By…

    Read more

    More...